If your summer camping getaway is just around the corner, now is the time to get prepared. If you’re a first time renter, there may be many things that you haven’t yet thought of, but that you’ll need to be ready for when it’s time to depart. Before you book your camper rental with Indiana RV, allow us to help unpack some of the details about renting an RV so you can know what to expect.
Understand the Policies
What are the camper rental “rules,” you ask? Here are a few things we require from all our Indiana camper rental customers:
- Drivers: All drivers must be at least 25-years-old and must have a clean driving record with no more than one minor traffic violation or at-fault accident and NO major violations (reckless driving, hit and run, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol) in the past three years.
- Credentials: Proper identification, a valid driver’s license, current car insurance card, and a valid credit card must be presented before leaving with a vehicle.
- Rental Period: 2 to 3 night minimum, depending on season. Long-term packages and rates available.
- Rental Insurance: You are responsible for all damage and loss caused to others. You agree to provide auto liability, collision and comprehensive insurance that covers you, us, and the vehicle. Where state law requires us to provide auto liability insurance, or if you have no auto liability insurance, we provide auto liability insurance (the policy) that is secondary to any other valid and collectible insurance, whether primary, secondary, excess, or contingent. More info is available as needed.
- Pets: Pets are allowed in certain RVs with an additional fee. Please inquire when making your reservation.
Deposits and Payments
- Security Deposit: Motorhomes require a $500 security deposit. Travel trailers require a $250 security deposit. Credit cards or checks are accepted. Additional balance due is three weeks prior to departure date. Security deposits are returned within 14 days of the return date, if there are no additional charges. Gasoline, mileage, and generator use adjustments must be paid at time of return.
- Rates: Our rates are based on the camper rental’s amenities and the season. You will want to look up individual camper rentals on our site or call our office for the most up-to-date rental rates.
- Payment Method: Credit cards are only acceptable for deposits. All fees other than deposit are ONLY payable by cash, personal check, traveler’s check, and certified check three weeks prior to travel.